Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Common Denominator

I found today that no matter where I live, I get along with people that will actually leave dirty dishes in the sink. I admit, I am one of them. I visited a home of an acquaintance today (new place, new faces) and saw something that told me that we have common ground - the daily dish battle in the kitchen. For me, this battle is inevitable because I do not use paper products at home, other than when entertaining large groups of people. I know my hostess was self-conscious about the dishes, but for me it gave me a connection, and I appreciate that openness in a new friend. Now if only I could find someone who struggles with keeping the socks sorted...

1 comment:

  1. You're becoming an old pro at the blogging thing. I am thinking Married to Ministry could use your insights...

    ReplyDelete