Thursday, June 19, 2008

Just Call Me A Grouch

Here's something different about Kennesaw GA: Trash is big business down here. The area we live in is not a city, so we do not have city services like trash. I had to choose from 30 different waste disposal companies, decided on one, and for the first time in two weeks we have trash cans. My brilliant company has yet to pick up my trash without a specific complaint from me, and today they left the trash bins and all my trash that has accumulated over the past week. I really picked a winner, let me tell ya.

On Tuesday I witnessed a waste disposal company picking up trash at a neighbor's house and saw an incredibly old male slowly pace the neighbor's driveway, roll the bin to the truck, and begin to empty it while smoking a cigarette. No gloves, no work clothes. After he dumped the bin, he reached up to puff away. I'm glad he found a way to multi-task with hazardous and vile materials.

Today was a swim day for us, at a lavish pool no less. There was a young teenage girl there that looked just like my niece Abby and it really made me miss the fam in OK. I hope the girl doesn't think I was staring at her like some kind of freak, but she really looked like Abby, right down to the braces. Abby, I have found your real world twin!

No comments:

Post a Comment