Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Mountaintop Experience

...that is, the Montana experience.  This is why I did not post for a couple of weeks - I was too busy breathing the thin, cool Montana air.  I spent a couple of hours laying on a huge flat boulder, resting by a crystal clear lake, looking at the huge Montana sky, listening to my daughters catch a bunch of brook trout, getting eaten alive by mosquitoes.  I read seven novels over the course of two weeks.  I walked twice a day through a small town.  I saw three movies.  I saw the prettiest parts of Yellowstone, plus lots of wild animals.  I rested.  I hiked.  I thought I was going to die, hiking back from that fishing trip, but I didn't.  I gained no weight.  I shopped my absolute, number one favorite downtown Main Street AND my husband came with me.  He bought me polenta with the luscious sauce and asparagus for my date night meal.  I saw a lot of cowboy boots, snow, baby piglets, Harleys, and wildflowers.  I was not a preacher's wife for two weeks.

Mission accomplished.





2 comments:

  1. You look great, Sheree! and the girls - cannot believe Darby is in middle school! Glad Montana was refreshing and rejuvenating. Mom and I send big hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a beautiful time with your family. It sounds perfect...except for the mosquitoes.

    ReplyDelete