Thursday, May 27, 2010

Funny Meeting You Here...

Out with my girls today, I ran into my first grade teacher.  I have not seen this woman in 33 years.  I introduced her to my kids and discovered that her grandchildren are the age of my children.  It is a very strange experience to meet someone that had such a huge influence on you - 33 years ago.  I hope my children will have the opportunity to appreciate their previous teachers and will get to introduce their kids to them.  I hope and pray that I will be able to meet up with some of the kids I have taught in Bible classes and I will see them as beautiful, mature, Christian adults.  Meeting my teacher today made me remember that the sacrifices I make trying to establish relationships with children and other people is never a waste of time, never a useless effort.  It is a moment in time that builds the ones to come, and I hope I can keep that in mind as I work tirelessly in all my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment