Monday, May 10, 2010

The Coupon Mom

Apparently my addiction to coupons led my girls to the perfect, no cost Mother's Day gift - coupons!  My daughters collaborated on their ideas for coupons for me - things they can do for me.  Isn't that great!  Here are the coupons I received:

two free hugs - one from Darby, one from Roxy
two free kisses - one from each daughter
two nights of drama-free homework - one from each daughter
two free clean rooms
one night of no dish duty
one night of private TV watching
one night of Darby sitting in the back seat
two stress-free school mornings
one day of my choice of music in the car
one game night
one night of no complaints

There was a spirited debate on whether or not to include the night of no dish duty.  I chose to cash that one in last night after the girls baked cupcakes for the middle school bake sale - and cleaned up nothing in the kitchen.  I retreated  to my night of private TV watching and pretended that everything was OK, that the girls did not use my pretty tea towel to wipe up chocolate cake batter that they poured down the side of the stove (the crack between the stove and the cabinet), and that my husband would not be mad when he came in and saw the huge mess.

Well, the last part of that plan failed.

Over the course of the year I intend to get 365 free hugs, 365 free kisses, 365 nights of free dish duty (these girls have got to earn the keep, ya know), 365 nights of no complaints (talk to the hand, girls), 365 stress-free school mornings (everyone can read a clock now, I'm sure of it), and 365 clean rooms (they can talk to the hand about this one, too.)  I will negotiate on the car music from time to time, but momma don't do techno.  And even though my coupon was for only one night of TV all to myself, I'm editing that one to read "one night a week" so Scott and I can have a Community date all to ourselves.  I am a coupon mom and I know how to stretch these suckers out to my advantage...

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide if I admire your vision or feel sorry for the girls being suckered into coupon mom's world. I think I lean toward stretching those as far as possible. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog you have it is really great, I enjoyed reading some of the posts, if you're interested here is my blog of poetry.

    http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete