Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake

So, it's the anniversary post for the Franks' today.  I have been very reflective this new year and wanted to choose a special memory, so I thought about my wedding cake.  When planning the wedding, I knew I wanted a white dress, real flowers, and a tall wedding cake.  I like everything about wedding cake and I love to look at them and smell them and eat them.  I will abstain from it today, seeing as how I don't need the calories (at all), but I did love my cake, even though I picked out one that was entirely too big.  I think of it this way:  the bigger your cake, the smaller your butt looks.
We were such babies then.  We had no perceived fears other than car troubles.  The economy of 1996 was the least important issue then.  Scott was planning on an entirely different career.  I had no clue about the day-in, day-out life of parenthood and wifehood.  Our role in church never went beyond just showing up and going to bible class.  We were young and cute, with tons of potential.

What a strange feeling!  On the other side of 14 years, I am proud that we have accomplished much.  I feel like we are wise beyond our years, and at the same time just as ignorant as we were then.  Incredibly, I have affirmed about 5,000 times that I am glad that Scott is my husband and I am his wife.  And in another 14 years I will look at pictures taken today and shake my head, remembering how we were just babies, so naive, and so cute :)

4 comments:

  1. What a nice post Sheree - you two seem to make a good team and have great love and respect for each other. Wishing you many more years of love, happiness and health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture! And we love you any and all years - you are such a wonderful, fun, and caring couple - for each other and others and the girls - well, how good does it get! You rock! (that's from Mom G! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Just blogspotting. Great blog! I bookmarked it.

    Happy blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Sheree. I have similar thoughts when I look at my wedding pictures....young and blissfully naive. Belated congrats on 14 years!

    ReplyDelete