Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Big One

i had the Big One on Monday - I faced down the 4-0 and am still alive.  So, how did I celebrate?  I worked Camp Hickory at church.  But I did get to remember some lovely moments from my "Say Goodbye to My 30s" cruise.  The ship was wonderful, but I did miss my fam after a while.  My husband made this trip possible for me so I could have something I have always wanted - a real vacation!  It was great to get away and enjoy lots of pampering and meet lots of people from all around the world.  And getting a real breakfast every morning that I did not prepare was priceless.  And the flirty, Italian maitre d' was fun, too.


I watched about a dozen movies on the ship and lounged on the decks and was thoroughly entertained without having to lift a finger.  (But I did lift my feet - I stuck to the stairs on the trip.  It helps justify the evening desserts and the pastry cafe.)


I went to Maine and enjoyed a truly beautiful part of the country I had never seen before.



I ate my very own lobster in Maine.  I ate a lot of seafood on this trip and I saved enough calories so that I only gained two pounds total.  I did pretty good.  I have already knocked off those two pounds since then.


I went to Boston and roamed around that large, crazy city.  It was pretty cool, but noticeably dirty, too.

I went to Rhode Island and toured some ridiculous historic mansions and soaked up the yachting culture of the tiny state.  Profane wealth is kind of interesting to me.  Then I at ice cream filled with chocolate covered potato chips and it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment