Thursday, January 20, 2011

Save the Date

In the mail today was a save the date card for a very happy and joyful upcoming day.  I am looking forward to this date, because it gives me a very definitive answer.

It is the date that I am officially "old."  Again.

Older than I knew I was, older than I felt, older than I want anyone else to know I am.

These moments creep up on you sometimes.  I felt it the other day when Roxy purchased a pair of fingerless gloves, Madonna-style circa 1983.  I remember watching MTV, seeing all the wannabes dressed like her.  My eight year old daughter has this accessory that makes me feel old.  I felt old this morning when I went into Darby's room, searching for something to wear that is hers.  You DEFINITELY feel old when you have a daughter that can supply you with clothing/accessories.  I remember watching kids I would babysit graduate from high school.  That was a very strange feeling.  Also, going to their wedding showers.  That is a weird event as well.

Now, my flower girl is getting married.  She was so little when I got married, in a beautiful white dress and ringlets.

This spurs another "senior" moment of oldness in my mind.  I will go comfort myself by pulling gray hairs out of my scalp and eating dinner at 4:30 tonight.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment