Saturday, July 3, 2010

Red, White, and The Blues

I like pretty much everything about the fourth of July.  The colors, the vision of flags and patriotic bunting decorating Marietta Square, the get togethers with family and friends.  But this year is a tough one for me.

No family.

No parade.  And I love a parade.  I love the Marietta parade on the Square, which Scott hates.  I love the Livingston MT parade and the rodeo, but we are missing those as well.

No friends - our friends took off this morning.

No fireworks.  We were so tired after the Braves game last night (which ran into 11 innings) that we came home before the big show.

No Kitchen Aid mixer.  The Pioneer Woman was FINALLY giving away the mixer in MY color, Old Glory Blue, and I didn't get it.  Of course.

No food.  I must be good.  With our friends, we went to Pappasito's, which is fabuloso, and I had my splurge meal last night, so I must be good for the next 4-5 days to make up for the Mexican decadence that I never allow myself.

No energy.  After a week of Camp Hickory, our church VBS event, the girls and I are completely pooped.

I have to console myself with the sale at the LOFT and the redneck pool.  At least I have moved down a pant size.

No comments:

Post a Comment