Monday, November 2, 2009

Ten Excuses

I had another blogging vacation, but this one was not exactly deliberate.  I do have ten excuses for my absence, though:

1.  I've been reading - one thick novel and one spiritual book by Francis Chan.  I have also researched something to read next, but have got to get the library to get it to me.

2.  I've been cleaning up the house.  Hosting the small group every Sunday is starting to take a toll on me and my cleaning abilities.

3.  I have company - the folks came in on Friday.

4.  Fall - it makes you want to be outside and take long, sweaty walks (in between rain showers.)

5.  I've been cooking - it seems like food preparation has consumed my life lately.  Apple pies, carmel apples for kids, cut-out sugar cookies for Halloween, plus lots of meals for me, the fam, the folks.

6.  I've been volunteering - school and church.  I do enjoy pitching in.

7.  Halloween.  Trick-or-treating with an animal cop and a tired girl, in the rain, takes some time.  Pictures to follow sometime soon...

8.  Day trips - we had a train ride in the north Georgia mountains in the rain.  Stupid rain.

9.  Date night.  I had a date for the first time in six months.  We managed to walk in to a place full of church people, who complimented my husband on taking me out.  That compliment just bought him another six month reprieve, at least that is what we joked about as we scurried out of the coffee shop.

10.  Not a lot of news to share.  We are plugging away at ministry, community, and life as we know it.  Sometimes no news is good news :)

No comments:

Post a Comment