Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Game is Afoot

Christmas shopping is definitely a game for me this year.  The shopping list is whittled down to the bare bones and the challenge is on:  pay absolutely no shipping costs or use a coupon for each purchase.  And now full-cost purchases, but that is a given in my shopping world.

Free shipping offers are coming along - so far, so good.  I don't have to drive out to the American Girl store this year.  Somehow I think we will end up there post-Christmas.  Roxy has been requesting a visit.

Coupons for some places are coming through, too.  Eddie Bauer has a reusable one for 20% off everything, including sale items, and there were numerous items on sale as well - all of which include men's tall sizes, which is important when you are a Davis.  Learning Express has a good coupon for tomorrow only.  Target's coupons have already come in handy, too.

Now that I have officially started shopping for Christmas, I embraced the discount challenge today and was a good little housewife with my coupon book.  I even got a discount on my cute new haircut.  The game is afoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment