Sunday, May 11, 2008

Malibu Scott and Sheree

We had a great little Malibu getaway last week. Scott presented a lesson at Pepperdine University and I was his lovely assistant. We are at Zuma Beach watching the surfers and the dolphins ( I counted ten) and we saw beach bums with butt cracks, rich people doing yoga on the beach, and other California characters. After spending an hour relaxing on the beach, you stop thinking about work and Oklahoma and all the things you have to do. Amazing how it works that way.



At the Getty Villa, we saw hundreds of pieces of art from before Jesus was born. We also saw hundreds of statues of nude men in various poses in every single room, portico, garden and gift shop on the premises. Oh look - another naked man...ho hum. I also found many items from Greek mythology that my daughter Darby can tell me all about, with complete knowledge of the legend that was being portrayed in the art. She is such a smarty pants it freaks me out a bit.
This is the cool tree on the Pepperdine campus. It is really fascinating. Pepperdine's cafeteria allowed to eat breakfast looking over the ocean, eat lunch looking over the ocean, watch a baseball game looking over the ocean, get leg cramps walking up sixteen steep flights of stairs to our dorm...looking over the ocean. My legs wore out, but I loved the whole week.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment